Our physiotherapists use a combination of techniques, exercises and education to treat musculoskeletal injuries and ongoing pain. Physiotherapy can help in the repair of injuries by optimising the healing process, reducing pain/stiffness and improving function and mobility.
Common Injuries & Conditions
Physiotherapists treat a range of musculoskeletal and neurological conditions including:
– back and neck pain
– whiplash injuries
– shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand injuries
– hip, knee, ankle and foot injuries
– sports injuries
– strains and sprains
– both women’s or men’s specific health issues
– pre and post operative rehabilitation
Before any treatment is undertaken your physiotherapist will perform a comprehensive assessment to assist with diagnosis of the problem and to help you to understand what the underlying causes of your injury may be.
After this initial assessment a variety of treatments may be appropriate, this may include the following:
– Joint Mobilisation/ Manipulation
– Postural Retraining and movement awareness
– Massage, Trigger Point and Myofascial Release
– Exercise Therapy
– Taping: sports, kinesio and rehabilitation
– Strength Training
– Muscle energy techniques
– Dry Needling to release muscle tension
– Ergonomic education
– Education about your condition
– Gym based exercises
– Home based exercise program
Our physiotherapists take time and care about the outcome of all patients. For this reason all treatments are one on one and tailored to the individual.
We use a hands on approach and liaise with additional health professionals and specialists to provide our clients with the best overall healthcare.