What is Workers Compensation in NSW?
Workers compensation is a form of insurance payment to employees if they are injured at work or become sick due to their work. It includes such payments to their employees that cover:
- Their wages when their employees are unable to work.
- Medical expenses and rehabilitation.
- Return to work assistance
- Compensation for non-economic loss.
Who to contact regarding Workers Compensation?
Employers in each state or territory have to take out workers compensation insurance to cover themselves and their employees. Although each state or territory has its own regulator that administers and gives advice on workers compensation. You can contact your worker’s compensation regulator by following the links below:
- Australian Capital Territory: WorkSafe ACT
- New South Wales: State Insurance Regulatory Authority (NSW)
- Northern Territory: NT WorkSafe
- Norfolk Island: Norfolk Island Workers Compensation Agency
- Queensland: WorkCover Queensland
- South Australia: ReturnToWork SA
- Tasmania: WorkCover Tasmania
- Victoria: WorkSafe Victoria
- Western Australia: WorkCover WA
How does Workers Compensation work with Physiotherapy and Exercise Physiology?
Your physiotherapist or Exercise Physiologist work together as a support team with doctors etc. to help you recover and return to work safely.
All our providers are SIRA accredited and approved.
Workers Compensation company:
Icare.nsw.gov.au. (2020). Take out a workers insurance policy. [online] Available at: https://www.icare.nsw.gov.au/employers/take-out-a-policy/workers-insurance-policies/#gref [Accessed 24 Feb. 2020]. Fair Work Ombudsman Australian Government. (2020). Workers Compensation. [online] Available at: https://www.fairwork.gov.au/leave/workers-compensation [Accessed 24 Feb. 2020].