How do you make the most out of your private health insurance?
Here are a few tips about how to make the most out of your insurance:
- Make sure you take out couple insurance rather than two single insurance this can save you money.
- Make sure you choose a Health Fund that suits your needs and the stage of life your in.
- Make the most of out of payment discounts. It is important to keep an eye out for discounts such as early payment discounts or even discounts for changing your payment method to direct debit.
- Ensure you tailor your health policy to suit you meaning that you know what you can and can’t claim so that you know exactly what you are paying for.
- Consider restricting your benefits for a period of time, if you don’t expect that you will need a particular type of extra in the next few years you can take it off your premium, therefore, making it cheaper for you.
- Ensure that you know your limits and when they reset so you know when to claim.
- Make sure you keep up to date with your policies and revise them every few years.
- Make sure you let you Health Fund know if require any changes for either you or your family, this may result in reduced costs.
- Ask your provider how much it will be so that you can work out the difference.
- Make claims promptly so that you get your money back!
Are you a member of Bupa?
We are Bupa First Extra members meaning you get more out of your Health Fund if you come and see us for our services. For more information about what it means for you to see a Bupa First Extra Member means click here .
We accept HICAPS Private Health Insurance with on the spot transactions. This provides you with a hassle-free alternative to the claim and gap pay process. HICAPS systems will automatically process your claims for health funds, Medicare Easyclaims, and WorkSafe cover on the spot, saving you time.
If you require any more information please click the following link: